This past weekend, as I mentioned before, was the first family vacation with our entire family in many years. We had a great time overall! Our trip usually consists of snowmobiling on Saturday and Monday, resting on Sunday (playing games or sight seeing) and on Tuesday we usually get up, go to breakfast at Jedediah's, do some shopping and then head home.
Well this trip was a bit different.. Since Brad's accident in Dec (see post in Dec) his back is still not completely healed. In fact, he went to get an MRI a couple weeks ago and found that he has two bulging discs and some separation between 2 of them. The good news is he will heal completely after some physical therapy, the bad news is he was not able to go snowmobiling in order to keep from further injuring his back and he is still in a lot of pain.
Until 5 days before we left I hadn't decided if we would even go. I felt bad that Brad would have to sit in the car for 5 1/2 hours there and back, then would have to stay behind at the condo to (work, relax his back, or drive around looking for animals) while we all went snowmobiling. After some great advice from a friend and discussing with Brad -we made a compromise. We decided to go but come home a day early. I have a wonderful husband!
We had a great time, although Brad wishes he would have brought his fishing gear. Saturday while we were snowmobiling he kept thinking.."I am stuck here and they are all out there in the fresh powder having fun without me!" He was such a good sport!
Until 5 days before we left I hadn't decided if we would even go. I felt bad that Brad would have to sit in the car for 5 1/2 hours there and back, then would have to stay behind at the condo to (work, relax his back, or drive around looking for animals) while we all went snowmobiling. After some great advice from a friend and discussing with Brad -we made a compromise. We decided to go but come home a day early. I have a wonderful husband!
We had a great time, although Brad wishes he would have brought his fishing gear. Saturday while we were snowmobiling he kept thinking.."I am stuck here and they are all out there in the fresh powder having fun without me!" He was such a good sport!
Yes this is me jumping whoo hoo!!!
We enjoyed time with family, great restaurants and no vacation would be complete without playing a little Rock band on PlayStation 2...right? It was so funny watching my mom rock out to bands like Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Creed, Ozzy Osborne, among others. I wanted to take pictures of this hilarious display but no one would let me. I am also bummed I didn't get many pics of us without helmets etc..Lame! I will need to get more from my sister and mom.
My cute mom and I!


6 comments:
Angela, I am very impressed to see you riding a Dragon 800 snowmobile! That is what we live on in the winter! And jumping? I did not know you were so aggressive! You go girl! Love the blog, especially the pic of Havasu Falls! AWESOME!
Go, girl! And it's so nice to finally come here and see something new posted! Don't be such a stranger! You were missed. Looks like beautiful country.
Sounds like fun! What a trooper Brad is -- I hope he gets feeling better soon!
Angela, you are much braver than me on a snowmobile. We were up in Island Park this last weekend and I went riding with the guys and was the only girl. I need some more practice before I go out with them again. Looks like you had a blast, maybe you could teach me a trick or two someday!
sounds like a fabulous time, though I'm sad for Brad. Tell him to hurry up and heal! Great pics, by the way. I haven't been there in years! It's so beautiful!
I love the snow....You guys looked like you had so much fun!!!
Post a Comment